To Have and To Hold Back
20 January 2010
Lewis is given the chance of a lifetime with an opportunity to study overseas. But he's interrupted from telling Cleo by Samantha and Don surprising everyone and announcing an early wedding ceremony. When Kim learns about Lewis' impending departure, she sees an opportunity to sabotage the event and breaks the news to Cleo. Distraught but determined, Cleo focuses her attention on organizing the entire ceremony for Don and Samantha on her own, outside the cafe. With Lewis as Best Man and Cleo as Maid of Honor, the ceremony is icy. Another stunt from Kim gives Lewis the opportunity to declare his love for Cleo and let her know his decision – he's not going. Not to be foiled by her sister, Kim plots yet another way to derail everything and this time succeeds, nearly exposing the trio as mermaids. But with Rikki, Bella, Will, and Lewis' help, Cleo recovers the ceremony and transports it to Mako Island, to finally give Don and Samantha the wedding they deserve. In the process, she realizes she must let Lewis go to follow his dreams – and in a bittersweet goodbye, Lewis departs.
- Don and Samantha's wedding is the first on the show.
- Angus McLaren's final episode as a regular cast member, but he returns at Graduation.
- Cleo: He's gone, but at least we will be looking at the same ocean.
- Cleo: Don't talk like that.
- Rikki Chadwick - Cariba Heine
- Cleo Sertori - Phoebe Tonkin
- Bella Hartley - Indiana Evans
- Lewis McCartney - Angus McLaren
- Will Benjamin - Luke Mitchell
- Zane Bennett - Burgess Abernethy
- Kim Sertori - Cleo Massey
- Donald Sertori - Alan David Lee
- Sophie Benjamin - Taryn Marler
- Mrs. Webster - Lisa-Jane Stockwell
- Samantha Roberts - Penny Gray